Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2012

A Quilt for Childhood Memories

Childhood quilt

Childhood Quilt

Carol and I have been friends since we were toddlers.  We went to the same kindergarten, primary and high school.  Our parents are neighbors till this day, and although I no longer lived with my parents or in the same country, we still remained great friends.  Carol and I share a passion for craft since we were kids.  We did art classes together, often spent time talking and making craft stuff, and bounce interesting craft ideas of each other.  She is a beautiful person with a lot of patience, sweet nature and has great ideas for anything everything crafty.

Childhood quilt

I used the humble HST to make a simple configuration to reflect on the innocence and non-complicated life that we felt as children back then.  Our childhood was filled with lots of play, crafts and tea-parties with our teddy bears and dolls in the garden, and many other simple pleasures in life!  

Childhood quilt

The overall quilt has a nostalgic childhood feel to it.  It reminds me of how the days used to passed by so slowly and every play time felt like an adventure or a craft idea to be discovered.  I can imagine us as kids using this quilt as our play mat, building a tent out of it, or using it as a picnic rug for our tea parties.

Childhood quilt

Childhood quilt

I made this quilt to thank her for her support in every part of my journey, for the endless creative ideas that we have both shared and will still continue to share, and most of all for our beautiful childhood and friendship.

Childhood quilt

"Friendship isn't about whom you know the longest... It's about who came, and never left your side."
 - Unknown-
Quilt Facts:
Design: Humble HST
Quilt Size: 60" x 72"
Quilting: Machine ditch stitched 
Fabric: Sew Cherry & Emma Louise in Mint
Backing: Bijoux Swirly Buds Gold & remnants from Sew Cherry & Salt Air 

Progress links:

1 comment:

  1. No matter how old you are, there's always that little girl that resides within you. I'm glad to see that you've listened to that part of you to embark on this exciting journey of creativity, artistic & fun.

    I'll never forget your thoughtful & meaningful present :) I'm so touched. You couldn't have chosen a more perfect selection of colors & fabric patterns for me. They were sew pretty & gorgeous!

    I very much appreciate & value your friendship. Thanks for the lovely childhood memories of playing 'masak-masak', 'five stones', cycling up & down our cul-de-sac, long chit chats (remember our small gate connected to our fences?) & many other fun stuff.

    I also thank God & angels for blessing me with a wonderful friend. Bless and thank you, Jackie, for being my dearest & treasured friend. I wish you love, happiness, laughter & lots of inspiration...

    Lots of love & best wishes,
    Carol.

    ReplyDelete