Pages

Thursday 21 February 2013

Paper + Fabric

Who would have thought using paper and fabric together would result in a lovely quilt?  That's right, I am talking about English paper piecing (EPP).  I have seen some lovely examples in the blog world and have always been in oohs and aahs about them.  So I thought I would give it a go myself.  It was not as daunting as I thought it would be once I figured out the size of the diamond template I want, go through the tutorials and Viola! I have made my very first star EPP.
The fabric combination are endless and I think it is a good way to experiment on different fabric colours, designs and texture that you never thought could look good together, or to use up your scraps from other projects.  I found a few great blogs that has really good tutorials on EPP and some really beautiful EPP quilts for inspiration.

Tutorial links:
EPP Tutorial - selfsewn
EPP Graph & Tutorial - My Bear Paw

Inspiration links:
EPP Inspirational Quilts -selfsewn
EPP Rose Star WIP Quilt - Sewing Over Pins

Happy Quilting!

p/s: Clare @ selfsewn is giving away a star quilt - all you have to do is follow her blog and leave a comment.

1 comment: