Pages

Tuesday 20 January 2015

Picture finished 2014 - Part 2

The last of my 2014 finished quilt is a riot of colours.  This was a commissioned quilt for a friend who will be gifting this quilt to one of her close friend.  The theme was bright, bold and colourful with a dash of leopard print in the quilt.  I knew immediately that I wanted to use fabrics from Anna Maria Honner.

Field Study quilt

I have longed admired fabrics designed by Anna Maria Honner and was looking for a project that I could use bright and bold prints.  I am so grateful that this commissioned quilt came into my path and I have enjoyed every moment piecing this quilt together.

Flying Geese quilt

I have opted for a no binding finish which I absolutely love and hope to do more quilts in this way. Wool tassels has been added as embellishment to the quilt making it feel like a flying magic carpet.

flying geese quilt

A close up of the quilt will reveal cheerful and bright saturated colours.  I have added some flying geese in orange, red and raspberry solids, and polka dots in black with gold and bubblegum provided interesting details to the simple quilt.

flying geese quilt

Majority of the prints are from Field Study with some Pretty Potent and Loulouthi prints mingled among it.

Anna Maria Honner

The quilt is kept secured between layers by hand-stitched tiny X's at regular intervals.

flying geese quilt

I have enjoyed designing this quilt from pattern to finish and  I hope you have enjoyed this picture finished blog post.

Happy Quilting!

Quilt facts:
Quilt pattern: Bind Quilt
Quilt finished size: 48" x 60"
Fabric: Field Study, Pretty Potent & Loulouthi by Anna Maria Honner; Confetti Sparkle in Black by Dear Stella House Designer; Dark Raspberry & Orange solid by American Made Brand Cotton Solids, Red solid by Hawthorne Hues and Small Spots in Bubblegum bu Robert Kaufmman.
Backing fabric: Summer Totem in Tart, Loulouthi series by Anna Maria Honner
Tassels: Hand made wool tassels in burnt orange.

6 comments:

  1. Well, you have done a great job to make such lovely quilt using such riot of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I love the addition of the solid geese. And those tassels are so fun! Very nice quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you be releasing this pattern? Im in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth

      Thank you for requesting about this pattern. I would have loved to release a pattern on it (it'll be my first) however due to time constraint from work and university, I will not have the time to write out a workable pattern.

      Kind regards,
      Jacqueline

      Delete
  4. Delightful. So happy to come across your post on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete