Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Surprise Quilt No.1

Be Ready to be Surprised!  

  Here's a sneak peak into surprise quilt No.1 I'm currently quilting at the moment.  I have about 30% of machine quilting to finish up and it will be ready for binding.  This is the first quilt that I have personally selected the fabric colors and prints as opposed to all my quilts thus far which has been Charm Packs or Jelly Rolls from Moda Fabrics.  This fat quarter fabric bundle was purchased at the Melbourne Craft & Quilt Fair in July 2012.  I had some inspiration in mind in terms of colors, however it didn't help with selection process as I was spoiled by fabric choices and bundles and the variety of stalls at the fair (I was like a little girl in a candy shop that wanted everything! lol!).  This bundle took me over an hour to coordinate by just browsing through one single stall!  I also had to picture the overall effects of each print and color together with the design I had in mind for this quilt.  Even though I was satisfied with the fabric bundle, I was still unsure if it would turn out as I envisioned it to be.  Lucky for me, it turned out great when I pieced everything together.  In addition, on my previous blog The Many Faces of Half Squared Triangle, the scrappy fabric came from this fabric bundle.


In the meantime, Summer Lovin' quilt is put on hold till Surprise quilt No.1 is done and... there is Surprise quilt No.2 on its way after this quilt.  These projects will keep me busy till the end of the year

No comments:

Post a Comment